Now playing:
Wilson Choperena con Orquesta Rafalo "Alvorada"

play bonus track

Thursday, March 25, 2010

025° .TO DAD.

I owe my dad a very lot to who I am nowadays and on what I'm working on. So, to dedicate him a selection on this place is the least that I can do.
I remember of my dad listening at home to his records. He used to be a big jazz fan. A figure of Lyon's Hot Club. He was recording shows and I still have some Master Tapes at home.
Me, as a kid, I was much more interested in watching cartoons on TV. I was so angry when I couldn't because of the music, that strange music for old people...
I was 15 when he passed away... and lots of things has changed for me then.
I inherited his record collection and start to build up passions for both music and photography who were his two great passions too. Suddenly Jazz stops being a strange music for old people but one of the most amazing musical style ever created!
I owe him a very lot to who I am nowadays and on what I'm working on. So, to dedicate him a selection on this place is the least that I can do.
The 3 firsts tracks are coming from records I get from him and the 2 last ones are the ones I dedicate to him and to his memory. I sincerely hope you'll enjoy.


01° DUKE ELLINGTON  -  Portrait of Wellman Braud
02° YOUNG LOUIS ARMSTRONG  -  Medley: When you're smilin' / Saint James Infirmary / Dinah
03° COUNT BASIE and the Kansas City 7  -  I want a little girl
04° ROBERT WILKINS  -  That's No Way To Get Along
05° OHIO PENITENTIARY 511 JAZZ ENSEMBLE  -  Psych City

No comments:

Post a Comment